Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Integrations > Productivity > Zapier
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), which is a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- This integration is not yet supported with products (Inventory > Products), which is a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to Items (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
In this article, we give you a brief introduction to Zapier and then walk you through how to set up the Zapier integration in Checkfront.
In the second article in this series, we explain how to connect your Zapier account to Checkfront and provide you with some information on the various triggers, actions and information that are available to you with Zapier. Let's get started!
About ZapierBack to top
Zapier is a web-based service that enables Operators to integrate the web applications they use and automate the things they do over and over! Their integrated apps include Google Sheets, Gmail, Slack and MailChimp just to name a few. View their full list of integrated apps here.
Zapier has named their automated, integrated tasks - Zaps! A Zap workflow consists of a trigger and an action - when this happens (trigger), do something (action).
At the present time, the Checkfront and Zapier integration is a one-way line of communication with select triggers sending select data from Checkfront to Zapier. The list of available triggers, actions and data are documented in the next article in this series: Zapier: Setup in Zapier.
Learn more about the benefits of the Checkfront and Zapier integration here:
Setup in CheckfrontBack to top
- Go to Manage in the top menu and then select Integrations from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Zapier in the Search Integrations field or browse to the Productivity category to find the integration listing.
- Click the Integration tile to initiate the setup modal for Zapier.
- Next, read and accept the terms and conditions of using the Zapier integration.
"I acknowledge that by using the Zapier Integration, customer data will be sent outside of Checkfront. I accept responsibility for the handling of this data in accordance with customer privacy regulations, including GDPR, if applicable. For more information, please review: https://zapier.com/help/gdpr/ and https://zapier.com/help/dpa/"
- Click Activate to enable the integration.
- The Add-on Setup modal refreshes to display key information you need for setting up your Zapier account. Make note of your Checkfront URL, Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret) or keep the modal open in the browser tab, so that you can copy and paste the information into Zapier when needed (see the next article in this series).
- Add the Checkfront app to your Zapier account by accepting the invitation linked (this invitation) from the activated modal.
In the next article, we describe how to configure Zapier to work with Checkfront.