Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Products > Products > Add Product/Add New Product/Edit Product > Advanced
- Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View products and assets and Manage products and assets.
- Your account is a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more!
New to the Product Builder? Check out the first article in this series: [Early Access Program] Product Builder: Introduction.
Early Access Program
This feature is currently part of our Early Access Program, which means it is available to select Customers to try out and provide us with feedback.
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
OverviewBack to top
Within this step of the Product Builder, you can...
- Add optional or pre-selected product upsells to build packages and bundled offerings.
- Configure custom email notifications to be sent when your product is booked.
- Configure waivers and documents to associate with your product.
Configuring Upsells for your ProductsBack to top
Upsells are other products that can be attached as optional or pre-selected add-ons to build packages and bundled offerings, for example, optional meal offerings or merchandise.
Prior to attempting to associate an upsell product with a parent product, you must first add that upsell product to your general inventory.
Only products that have been activated appear in the Upsell drop-down list (Product Builder > Advanced tab).
Note, we do not support nested upsells at this time. We support adding an upsell (B) to a product (A), but that upsell cannot have an upsell (C).
For example, we support a kayak rental (A) with an optional upsell of a picnic basket (B), but the picnic basket cannot have an upsell for beverages (C) as well.
- Add Upsell
To add an upsell to your primary product, follow these steps...
- Make sure you have added and activated an upsell product (as mentioned in the callout above).
- Click on the +Add Upsell button to open the Add Upsell modal.
- Select a product from the Upsell list of active upsell products.
- Determine whether the Price of the upsell is Full Price, Free or a Percentage % of the upsell product price.
- Decide if the upsell is preselected, optional or required via the Opt-in drop-down.
- Specify any date restrictions that may apply...
- By default, there are no restrictions. The upsell may be booked for any day for which it is available.
- Use parent dates (and times) if you would like the upsell to have the same date and time restrictions as the parent. For example, with a product configured to be available from Monday 12 AM to Wednesday 12 PM, the upsell must be booked from Monday 12 AM to Wednesday 12 PM.
- Specify within parent dates if the upsell must use a date within the date span of the parent. For example, with a product configured to be available from Monday 12 AM to Wednesday 12 PM, the upsell could be booked for Tuesday only.
- Specify custom booking dates relative to the parent product dates. For example, you may wish the upsell to be bookable 3 days before the parent product start date or 2 days after. Your options are:
- Start a number of days Before the Parent start date
- Start a number of days After the Parent start date
- End a number of days Before the Parent end date
- End a number of days After the Parent end date
- Determine if the upsell should Inherit Parent Guest Types or not.
- With this setting enabled the amount of the upsell would be restricted to the same amount as the parent product. For example, the Guest can book 1 kayak rental with the option to add 1 picnic basket.
- If the setting is disabled, there are no restrictions on the quantity of this upsell that can be booked. For example, the Guest can book 1 kayak rental with the option to add 1 or more picnic baskets depending on the inventory numbers and availability of the picnic baskets.
Some additional information regarding products with required upsells...
Adding an Upsell to Multiple Products
You can add an upsell to more than one product! For example, if you add a picnic lunch as a product, you can then add it as an upsell to your kayak rental, bike rental and walking tours. Inventory adjusts according to your settings.
- Upsell List
Added upsells, once created, are listed in table format with the following information displayed for each upsell record.
- - Name
The unique name for your upsell product.
- - Opt-in
This communicates whether the upsell product is preselected (and required) or an optional add-on to the primary product.
- - Price Adjustment
This communicates whether the upsell product is presented at Full Price, a Percentage % of the full price or for Free.
- Edit Upsell
To edit an upsell, click on the three dots at the end of the upsell row listed in the Upsells table. Then, select the option to Edit Upsell. This opens the Edit Upsell modal.
- Detach Upsell
To detach an upsell, click on the three dots at the end of the upsell row listed in the Upsells table. Then, select the option to Detach Upsell.
Customizing Email Notifications for your ProductBack to top
This additional product setting allows you to include additional information within existing, active email notifications when this product is booked.
|1. Toggle on the Add additional details option to enable the message field.|
2. Enter a product-specific message to the message area provided.
Use our editor to format the description for display. Format the text using the options provided (format, bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, lists, link, line, align, size, text colour) or work with HTML code (<>).
Two elements must be in place for this to work...
Learn more about managing your notifications here...
Activating Waivers & Documents for your ProductBack to top
Activate Waivers and Documents to gain access to digital documents that can be automatically added to bookings and signed by your Customers.
This feature is available to accounts on Plus and Enterprise plans. Start your free 14-day free trial or upgrade your plan for unlimited access.
Learn more here...
Follow these steps to set up a waiver or document...
1. Click Activate Now to be prompted to Activate the feature and start your 14-day trial. You are also provided with an option to upgrade your plan immediately to get unlimited access to the feature.
2. You are then taken to the Waivers & Documents page (Bookings > Waivers & Documents), where you can create your first template.
3. Once you have created your first template, you return to the Overview step of the Product Builder to + Add your waiver or document.
4. From the Attach Waiver/Document modal, you can Select your waiver/document to be associated with your product.
You can also set the Due Date, the number of days before the start of the booking that the waiver or document needs to be completed.
Optionally, Schedule a Reminder to be sent to Customers a number of days before the start of the booking.
5. View your associated waivers and documents including Due Date and Reminder date settings.
From here, you have the option to edit (pencil icon) or remove (x) the waiver or document.
Top MenuBack to top
- Product Builder Steps
Once you Save the initial details (Name, SKU, and Category) of your product, you can navigate between the steps in the product builder via the links listed in the top navigation menu (Details, Inventory, Availablity, Pricing, Advanced) or in the footer of the page.
ActionsBack to top
The following options are available from the Actions menu at the top-right of the Product Builder.
Need to copy your product? Select this option from the Actions menu in the top-right corner of the Product Builder.
Click Copy to instantly create a duplicate, draft copy of the product in focus. Be sure to Save your copy via the navigation options in the footer of the Product Builder!
Once saved, the copy can be found within the Products list prefixed with Copy of in the name of the product, for example, Copy of Kayak Rental. The copied product has a status of Draft, so be sure to filter the Products list accordingly. A new SKU has been generated automatically, so you may need to update that value to match your identification system.
If your product is already Active, then you are presented with the option to Deactivate your Product.
The Deactivate Product option removes the product from your booking page. No new bookings can be accepted, but any future bookings already made for this product remain intact unless manually cancelled or changed.
Need to archive your product? Select this option from the Actions menu in the top-right corner of the Product Builder.
Archiving a product removes it from your booking page, and prevents you from changing its configuration. No new bookings can be created, but any existing bookings for the product remain intact unless manually cancelled or changed.
Once Archived, the product can be found within the Products List with a status of Archived.
You can unarchive the product by editing the product and selecting the option to Unarchive from the warning at the top of the page or the Actions menu.
When a product is unarchived, it is given a status of Draft. This gives you a chance to update the product before setting it to Active.
Footer Navigation OptionsBack to top
Use this navigation option to move back a step in the Product Builder.
The Preview option allows you to view the product from the Customer's perspective within the Customer-facing booking page once the product is Active.
Allows you to save the progress you have made so far when building a product or any edits to your product.
This option becomes available, once the minimum required product information has been added.
- Activate Product
Need to activate your product? Click the button the Activate Product button in the footer menu. Once your product is Active, it is displayed on the Customer Booking Page and bookings can be booked according to how you have configured your product.
What is the minimum amount of information I need to activate my product?
This depends on your business needs, but the most basic product includes a product Name, SKU, Category with unlimited Inventory and a Base Rate for your product.
The Activate Product button becomes enabled once you have saved your initial updates.
You can then click on the Activate Product button to receive additional guidance on what you need to configure before going live.
Look for the warning icon (!) next to the Actions menu. Click on this to view a list of outstanding information.
Once activated, the product is then bookable based on your settings including visibility - visible to everyone, staff only or as an upsell.
You can deactivate your product via the Actions menu.
Navigate forward through the steps of the Product Builder. The Continue button becomes enabled once the minimum required product details have been provided.