Learn why existing invoices can change when editing tax configurations.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Ecommerce > Taxes
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage taxes.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Each invoice only saves a Tax Amount and a Tax ID. This means that information like the Tax Name and the rate applied (e.g. 5%) are not saved on the booking. Also...
- If a Tax Name or rate changes, then every invoice that uses that tax shows the new Tax Name and rate. The Tax Amount and Booking Total do not change.
- If a new item/product is added to a booking or an item/product is removed, then taxes for all items/products on that booking are recalculated.
- If an item/product is edited, taxes recalculate for that item/product.
Refrain from changing existing taxes except for renaming a tax.
1. Remove the current tax from all items/products.
2. Create a new tax with the new tax rate.
This way, the new tax is used going forward, and the old tax remains the same on existing invoices.
For more information, please see the following articles: