Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Ecommerce > Taxes
- Admin permissions to manage taxes.
- The Taxes feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Each Invoice only saves a Tax Amount and a Tax ID. This means that information like the Tax Name and the rate applied (e.g. 5%) are not saved on the booking. Also...
- If a Tax Name or rate is changed, then every Invoice that uses that Tax now shows the new Tax Name and rate. The Tax Amount and Booking Total does not change.
- If a new Item or Product is added to a booking, or an Item or Product is removed, then Taxes for all Items or Products on that booking are recalculated.
- If an Item or Product is edited, then Taxes are recalculated for that Item or Product.
Refrain from changing existing Taxes with the exception of renaming a Tax.
1. Remove the current Tax from all Items
2. Create a new Tax with the new Tax rate
This way, the new Tax is used going forward and the old Tax remains the same on existing Invoices.
For more information, please see the following articles: