Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Ecommerce > Taxes
- Admin permissions to manage taxes.
- Taxes are available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using Taxes with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
The new product feature mentioned in this article is currently part of our Early Access Program, which means it is available to select Customers to try out and provide us with feedback.
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
Each Invoice only saves a Tax Amount and a Tax ID. This means that information like the Tax Name and the rate applied (e.g. 5%) are not saved on the booking. Also...
- If a Tax Name or rate is changed, then every Invoice that uses that Tax now shows the new Tax Name and rate. The Tax Amount and Booking Total does not change.
- If a new Item or Product is added to a booking, or an Item or Product is removed, then Taxes for all Items or Products on that booking are recalculated.
- If an Item or Product is edited, then Taxes are recalculated for that Item or Product.
Refrain from changing existing Taxes with the exception of renaming a Tax.
1. Remove the current Tax from all Items
2. Create a new Tax with the new Tax rate
This way, the new Tax is used going forward and the old Tax remains the same on existing Invoices.
For more information, please see the following articles: