Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Ecommerce > Taxes
Prerequisites: Admin permissions to manage taxes.
Each Invoice only saves a Tax Amount and a Tax ID. This means that information like the Tax Name and the rate applied (e.g. 5%) are not saved on the booking. Also...
- If a Tax Name or rate is changed, then every Invoice that uses that Tax will now show the new Tax Name and rate. The Tax Amount and Booking Total will not change.
- If a new Item is added to a booking, or an Item is removed, then Taxes for all Items on that booking will be recalculated.
- If an Item is edited, Taxes will be recalculated for that Item.
Refrain from changing existing Taxes with the exception of renaming a Tax.
1. Remove the current Tax from all Items
2. Create a new Tax with the new Tax rate
This way, the new Tax will be used going forward and the old Tax will remain the same on existing Invoices.
For more information, please see the following articles: