Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Items > Edit Item or Add New Item > Pricing > Create New Item Event
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), which is a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to Items (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles, including Determining availability on products, here: Products (New).
Overview (Video)Back to top
Instructions for setting up closure dates start at one minute and 36 seconds into the video (01:36).
Setting up availability of items using closure datesBack to top
How do I close off or block off items for certain dates?
To make your Item unavailable for a specific date or date range, simply create a Closure type Item Event under the Pricing tab of the Item Builder/Editor.
- Select Inventory from the top-left hand menu within your account.
- Either + New Item or edit an existing Item, navigating to the Pricing tab within the Item Builder/Editor. Make sure your Item has been Saved!
- For the setting Default Calendar Status, double-check that your Item is Available.
- Under Item Events, choose to Create New Item Event, selecting Closure Dates from the drop-down menu.
- Next, fill out the New Closure Dates Item Event form, specifying Applicable Days, Start and End Dates as well as Categories and/or Items and then Save your Item Event.
- Finally, Preview your Item calendar and note the item is NOT available during the period you specified with the Closure Event!
Once saved, you can also find your Item Event listed under Inventory > Item Events. Alternatively, you create Item Events from here too and apply them later to items within the Pricing tab.
Item Events can also be viewed and created from Inventory > Item Events.
You can also block out dates from Item Events. Check out this video to learn more!
Learn more about Item Events here...
Here is a related FAQ that you might find helpful...