Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Categories > Tags > +New Tag
- Admin permission to manage Inventory.
- Inventory Tags are available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Inventory Tags are not available for use with products (Inventory > Products) at this time.
Early Access Program
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
OverviewBack to top
This article walks you through creating a new Tag. This is the third article in a series of articles on the Tags feature. Be sure to start the series with Inventory Tags: Introduction. You can also jump to any of the other articles in the series via the right-hand menu.
|Tags not visible within your account? This feature is being gradually rolled out. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the feature enabled on your account or with any questions!|
Creating a New TagBack to top
To create a new Tag, simply...
- Go to Tags (Inventory > Categories > Tags).
- Click on + New Tag.
- Choose the Name of the Tag.
- Give the Tag a Weight.
Weight determines the order in which your Tag displays on the Customer Booking Page (Customers > Customer Booking Page or simply add /reserve on to your account URL). The higher the Weight, the closer to the beginning of the list the Tag will appear. If multiple Tags share the same weight, those Tags will be sorted alphabetically, while maintaining their collective position among the other weights.
- Choose the Visibility of the Tag.
The Visibility column communicates whether the Tag is currently visible to Everyone, Staff only, in Reports only.
- By default, the Tag is Enabled, so active and not archived.
- Select which Items you wish to apply Tags to.
- Save your new Tag!
Your enabled Tags now display within the Customer Booking Page and Booking Widget!
Newly created Item Tags are visible to Staff only by default. If you would like the Item Tags to display to your Guests, you will need to change the Visibility setting to Everyone. See the instructions directly above.