Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
- Manage Statuses: Manage > Layout > Statuses
- Manage Notifications: Manage > Notifications
- Send Notifications: Booking > Index
Prerequisites: Admin permissions to Manage notifications.
OverviewBack to top
Please follow these three steps, details are provided below.
Create StatusBack to top
First, you will need to create a new Status. This will facilitate sending out Notifications to a segment of Customers based on the Status of the associated booking.
- Go to Manage, Layout and then Statuses within the top menu.
- Find the quick +Add button at the bottom-left of your list of Statuses. Clicking +Add will open the new Status modal.
- Give the Status a Name that conveys it's purpose, such as Communication.
- The Status ID field will automatically populate with an abbreviated version of the Name, for example: COMMU. You can edit the Status ID or leave the suggested value in place.
Note, the Lock setting can remain selected, this ensures that inventory is locked and booking availability is consumed by the associated bookings.
Feel free to change the colour of the Status, if so desired.
Learn more about configuring Statuses here:
Create NotificationBack to top
Next, you need to format the Notification that you are going to send out.
- Go to Manage and then Notifications within the top menu.
- Choose to +Add Notification.
- From the New Notification page, enter the Subject of the communication, such as Important! Please Read.
- Next, choose the Recipient of your email. Customer would be required, in this case. You can choose to copy others as well, by simply selecting the checkbox next to the name.
- Then, select your newly created Booking Status, in this example, Communication.
- Choose which items the message should Apply to. Only bookings with the selected categories or items, will be notified.
- Add your message to the Email field provided.
- Click Create to Save your Notification.
Learn more about configuring Notifications here:
Send NotificationBack to top
Finally, you can create a segment of Customers and send your Notification to those Customers.
- Go to the Booking Index (Booking > Index).
- Filter the Booking Index for the segment of Customers you need to notify. For example, you can filter for all bookings that have a Start Date within the next couple of months.
- If your bookings have various Statuses, for example, PAID vs DEPOSIT, you will want to send out batches of communications by Status. To accomplish this you need to filter by Status to isolate bookings, for example, those with a Status of DEPOSIT.
- Next, select the first Booking in the list by checking the circle at the far-left row.
- Then, go to the Bulk control under the Booking Index title. Choose Select ALL from the drop-down menu. This will select all records listed for you.
- This time, click Bulk to open the Batch Update modal.
- Make sure the Deliver notifications checkbox is selected, then click on the Status that you just created, for example, Communication.
- Click Confirm to send the Notification. Bookings will be updated to the new Status and the Notification delivered.
- Next, we will need to revert the Status of the bookings, for example, back to DEPOSIT. Repeat steps four through six in preparation.
- From the Batch Update modal, this time we need you to make sure that the Deliver notifications checkbox is NOT selected.
- Select the previous Status for example, DEPOSIT.
- Click Confirm to revert the Status for all selected bookings.
- Finally, repeat steps three through 12 for each batch of bookings that has a different Status, for example, those with a Status of PAID.
View the Invoice (Booking > Index > Booking > Booking Invoice) for any of the bookings to see that the email has been sent and noted in the Log!
Learn more about Notifications here: