Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Reports > Booking Index
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Modify Bookings and Process Refunds.
- The Refund feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Issuing a refund manuallyBack to top
Refunds are not automatically processed if a booking is cancelled, so they need to be completed manually instead.
Refunding a PaymentBack to top
Follow these steps to refund the full or partial amount...
- Click on an active invoice ID link anywhere in the system. In this example, we use the Booking Index (Reports > Booking Index).
- Find and click on the booking that you would like to refund.
- Next, select the Transactions tab from the Booking Invoice to access associated payments.
- For each transaction that you need to refund, click on the Refund button at the far right of the record. This opens the Refund modal.
- From the Refund modal, specify the Refund Amount. You can enter a partial amount here to process a partial refund.
- Select the desired Payment Type.
- Fill out any Payment method-specific fields e.g. select the credit card to refund.
- Add Notes to the refund transaction, if needed. You can then decide whether to Show your notes on the Customer invoice or not.
- Choose whether or not to Send an e-mail notification to the Customer.
- Click Refund to begin the refund process!
- The Transactions log will be updated to reflect the refund.
For a detailed look at the refund process, check out the following article: