Learn how to refund a booking payment manually.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Reports > Booking Index
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Issuing a refund manuallyBack to top
Refunds are not automatically processed if a booking is cancelled, so they must be completed manually instead.
Refunding a PaymentBack to top
Follow these steps to refund the full or partial amount...
- Click on an active invoice ID link anywhere in the system. We use the Booking Index (Reports > Booking Index) in this example.
- Find and click on the booking that you want to refund.
- Next, select the Transactions tab from the Booking Invoice to access associated payments.
- For each transaction, you need to refund, click the Refund button at the far right of the record. This opens the Refund modal.
- From the Refund modal, specify the Refund Amount. You can enter a partial amount here to process a partial refund.
- Select a Payment Type.
- Fill out any Payment method-specific fields, e.g. select the credit card to refund.
- Add Notes to the refund transaction if needed. You can then decide whether to Show your notes on the Customer invoice.
- Choose whether or not to Send an e-mail notification to the Customer.
- Click Refund to begin the refund process!
- The Transactions log updates to reflect the refund.
For a detailed look at the refund process, check out the following articles: