Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Reports > Booking Index
Prerequisites: Permission to Modify bookings and Process refunds.
OverviewBack to top
Refund to Gift CertificateBack to top
Follow these steps to Refund an amount to a Gift Certificate. This is is a great way to retain revenue, in the case of cancellation!
- Go to the Booking Index (Reports > Booking Index).
- Find and click on the Booking that you would like to refund.
- If you are also cancelling the booking at the same time, then you will need to change the status of the Booking Invoice to Cancelled.
- Next, select the Transactions tab to access associated payments.
- For each Transaction that you need to refund, click on the Refund button at the far-right of the record. This opens the Refund modal.
- Specify the Refund Amount.
- Select Gift Certificate as the Payment Type.
- Leave the GCN Code blank to generate a new Gift Certificate or enter the code and Search for an existing Gift Certificate.
- Fill out the remaining required fields and then hit Refund to initiate the refund process!
- A PDF of the Gift Certificate will be sent to the Customer within minutes!
- Finally, the Transactions log will be updated to reflect the Refund to Gift Certificate.
Once a payment has been refunded to a Gift Certificate, you can no longer refund to the original payment method e.g. credit card.
If you need to refund from a Gift Certificate, you will need to first Void the Gift Certificate and then refund directly through your Payment Provider.
To Void a Gift Certificate...
Learn more about Gift Certificates here: