Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Reports > Booking Index
- Plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- The Gift Certificates feature activated and configured within your account.
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Process Refunds.
- The Gift Certificate feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
OverviewBack to top
Refund to Gift CertificateBack to top
Follow these steps to refund an amount to a gift certificate. This is a great way to retain revenue, in the case of cancellation!
- Click on an active invoice ID link anywhere in the system. In this example, we use the Booking Index (Reports > Booking Index).
- Find and click on the booking that you would like to refund.
- Next, select the Transactions tab from the Booking Invoice to access associated payments.
- For each transaction that you need to refund, click on the Refund button at the far right of the record. This opens the Refund modal.
- From the refund modal, specify the Refund Amount. You can enter a partial amount here to process a partial refund.
- Select Gift Certificate as the Payment Type.
- Enter the gift certificate code to automatically Search for an existing gift certificate. Leave the GCN Code field blank to generate a new gift certificate. The Balance, New Balance (factoring in the refund amount), Recipient Email, Valid From date, and Expiry Date (where applicable) populate once the gift certificate is loaded.
- Any text you enter in the Gift Certificate Message displays within the actual PDF gift certificate.
- Enter any Refund Notes you need to associate with the transaction. These are only displayed to Customers if you choose to Show note on customer invoice.
- Finally, select Send e-mail notifications, if you would like the Customer to be notified by email of the refund. The notification includes an updated PDF of the gift certificate. Note, the status of the booking changes when the refund is processed to either Cancelled if the booking is 100% refunded or Deposit if the booking is partially refunded. Email notifications reflect this status change.
- Click Refund to initiate the refund process.
- A PDF of the gift certificate is sent to the Customer within minutes!
- Finally, the Transactions log is updated to reflect the refund to the gift certificate.
For a detailed look at the refund process and gift certificates, check out the following articles: