Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
- Create Discount Item: Inventory > New Item
- Create Discount: Inventory > Discounts > + New Discount
- Add New Booking Field: Manage > Layout > Booking Form
- Preview Solution: Customer > Customer Booking Flow
Prerequisites: Admin permissions to manage your account.
While we don't have official functionality for discounting Gift Certificates, we hope this work-around will do the trick!
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com to add your name to the existing feature request. if this solution does not suffice.
If your plan does not include Gift Certificates and you would like to upgrade, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OverviewBack to top
Please follow these three steps, details are provided below.
Finally, you can Preview the Customer Booking Flow to get a sense of the Customer experience.
Create a Discount ItemBack to top
Create an Item that allows you to apply the Discount.
- Go to the Inventory menu at the top of the page and select New Item.
- Choose Gift Certificate from the Category menu.
- Give the Item a name that makes sense to you, such as Holiday Promo.
- Add a photo the conveys that this a promo!
- Next, go to Attributes and set the Item to Unlimited Inventory.
- Then, click Attach an Existing Parameter. This will open the Attach Parameter modal from which you can select a Parameter, such as QTY. This Parameter should Control Inventory, be one that Sets Pricing and is Hidden to All (Visibility).
- Attach this Parameter to your Item.
- Make sure the Allocation is set to per Day, so that a Discount can be applied.
- Under, Pricing you will want to set the Item to Disabled, and manually set the Item to Available, when you are ready e.g. for a holiday promotion at a specific time of year. Alternatively, you can leave it set to Available, if you need to make use of it right away.
- Before moving onto the next step, click Preview to generate the URL we need when we Add New Booking Form Field below. Select and then copy that URL to save for later.
Create a DiscountBack to top
Create a Discount to associate with the Discount Item.
- Go to the Inventory menu at the top of the page and select Discounts.
- From the Inventory list, click on +New Discount.
- Give the Discount a Name that makes sense to you, such as Holiday Promotion.
- Skip entering a Discount Code as this will add extra steps to the process for Customers.
- Enter the Discount Amount and to set to Per Booking, Before Tax or Per Booking, After Tax. Either would work as Gift Certificates are not taxed. Important: Gift Certificates will not be discounted if you specify Per Item.
- Next, make sure the Discount is set to only Apply to the Gift Certificate Item that you created in the step above.
- Click Create to save your new Discount.
Add New Booking Form FieldBack to top
This is a Booking Form field in the form of a button, that will the Customer to add the Discount Item.
- Go to the Manage menu at the top of the page and select Layout and then select the Booking Form tab.
- Click on +Add New Field at the bottom of the list of form fields. This opens the Create Form Field modal.
- Choose </> HTML Output from the Type drop-down.
- Add an ID that makes sense to you such as, holidaypromo.
- Enter the HTML in the Value field, for example:
<a href="" class"myButton">Add your discount here</a>Note: The text between the HTML tags is what will display on your button e.g. Add your discount here.
- Now, paste the URL that you copied in the previous step, Create a Discount Item, into the HTML code as the href="" value. For example: HREF="tourspace.checkfront.com/reserve/?item_id=1"
- Go to the Advanced tab, make sure the field is Item Specific to the Gift Certificates that you would like to Discount.
- Move the field to the top of your form, so that it is prominently placed and before your Customer information fields. You can do this by dragging and dropping the field with your mouse.
- If you Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), you can enhance the look of the button, by adding CSS via the CSS Editor ( Manage > Layout > Booking Form > CSS Editor).
Preview Customer Booking FlowBack to top
Preview the booking flow from your Customer's perspective.
- Go to Customers and select Customer Booking Page.
- Choose the Gift Certificate category.
- Choose any Gift Certificate (other than the Discount Item).
- Fill out the required forms within the Buy Gift Certificate modal, then click Continue.
- From the Create Booking page, you should see the Add your discount here button (or whichever name you gave it, when adding you added the new field in the step above). Click the button to be taken to the promo listing.
- Click the Book Now button and the Book Now modal opens.
- Click Continue to return to Create Booking page with the Discount applied.
- The Customer would then complete the booking as per usual!
Learn more about Gift Certificates here: