Read this introduction to the product/item categories feature, which allows you to organize your product/item inventory.
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the functionality of Inventory Categories.
- Working with your inventory category list
- Creating a new inventory category
- Editing and archiving inventory categories
- Translating inventory categories
✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Inventory > Categories
What prerequisites are there?
- Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View items, products, and assets and Manage items, products, and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Inventory Categories feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Inventory categories overview
Categories are used in Checkfront as a way to organize your inventory in a manner that makes the most sense to you and your Customers.
For example, you may wish to group your rooms in an Accommodation category and your boat/bike rentals in an Activities category.
Find a list of current categories maintained under the Product/Items tab with four data columns of information provided for each.
Learn more about what information is provided in the next article within this series.
Did you know that Inventory Tags can be used to subcategorize your inventory? Find out more here: