Read this introduction to the product/item categories feature, which allows you to organize your product/item inventory.
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the functionality of Inventory Categories.
- Working with your Inventory Category list
- Creating a new Inventory Category
- Editing and archiving Inventory Categories
- Translating Inventory Categories
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Categories
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View items, products, and assets and Manage items, products, and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Inventory Categories Overview
Categories are used in Checkfront as a way to organize your inventory in a manner that makes the most sense to you and your Customers.
For example, you may wish to group your rooms in an Accommodation category and your boat/bike rentals in an Activities category.
Find a list of current categories maintained under the Product/Items tab with four data columns of information provided for each.
Learn more about what information is provided in the next article within this series.
Did you know that Inventory Tags can be used to subcategorize your inventory? Find out more here: