Learn how to copy a product with our step-by-step instructions.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Products > Edit Product > Actions > Copy
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View Products and Assets and Manage Products and Assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Copying productsBack to top
To copy a product, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the product (Inventory > Products) you need to copy.
- Click the product's name to open the edit mode of the Product Builder.
- From the Actions menu, select the Copy option. You are now working on a new copy of the product.
- Rename the product. For example, Copy of Kayak Rental becomes Moped Rental.
- Update the SKU to reflect the new product, for example, moped-rental-001.
- Update other product settings to reflect the new product.
- Finally, Save your changes, click Activate Product, and then Confirm and Activate to set your product to Active.
Your new product can be found listed within your Products list (Inventory > Products). Repeat these steps for every similar new product you need!
How do I copy an item?
If you are working with our classic items feature and need to copy an item, check out the following article to learn how.