Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Products > Edit Product > Actions > Copy
- Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View Products and Assets and Manage Products and Assets.
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), which is a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
- The desire to reduce repetitive tasks, saving time and energy!
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to Items (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions on how to copy a product.
Copying a product saves you valuable time and energy when setting up multiple products that have similar properties. Simply copy the product, edit as needed, then activate your new offering!
Copying a productBack to top
To copy a product, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the product (Inventory > Items) that you need to copy.
- Click on the name of the product to initiate the edit mode of the Product Builder.
- From the Action menu, select the Copy option. You are now working with a new copy of the product.
- Rename the product, for example, Copy of Kayak Rental becomes Moped Rental.
- Update the SKU to reflect the new product, for example, moped-rental-001.
- From there you can update other product settings to reflect the new product.
- Finally, Save your changes and then click Activate and Confirm and Activate to set your product to Active.
Your new product can be found listed within your Products list (Inventory > Products). Repeat these steps for every similar new product you need!
How do I copy an item?
Are you working with our classic items feature and need to copy an item, then check out the following article to learn how.