Read this introduction to the Asset Calendar, including how assets are organized within the calendar and how to add new Staff-side bookings and access the Daily Manifest to manage your assets.
The entire series of articles can be accessed at the side and bottom of this page, where you can learn more about the full management capability of the Asset Calendar.
- Overview of the asset calendar
- Navigating and filtering the Asset Calendar
- Accessing booking information and managing assignments from the asset calendar
✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Calendar > Product > Calendar > Asset > Inventory Calendar > Asset tab
What prerequisites are there?
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to:
- View calendars to view the page
- View items, products and assets to view the data within the page
- Manage events and rules to enable/disable assets and remove maintenance events
- Create bookings to create a new Staff-side booking
- Your products must be configured with an inventory type based on assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please get in touch with our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Asset Calendar OverviewBack to top
The Asset tab of the Inventory Calendar provides a complete, visual overview of your asset availability including the functionality to manage asset assignments.
Check out our full overview of the Asset Calendar here:
What are assets? Check out the following series to learn more.
Understanding how assets are organizedBack to top
Your inventory is organized and presented as follows.
Viewing assets by category, then asset poolBack to top
By default, your Asset Calendar displays asset data for the current day with the option to view asset assignments by week.
Asset data is then presented by the hour or day, with asset pools grouped by asset category.
Sort order configuration is not available for asset categories or asset pools at this time.
Adding a new bookingBack to top
You can start a new Staff-side booking from the Asset Calendar. Simply click on the New Booking button at the top of the page to begin the process.
Learn more about adding new Staff-side bookings here:
Accessing manage assetsBack to top
Do you need to manage the assets associated with the assignments, for example, change the base quantity or capacity? Click the Manage Assets button at the top of the page to open the Assets page in a new tab.
Learn more about managing assets here:
In the next article in this series, we look at navigating and filtering assets within the Asset tab of the Inventory Calendar.
< Overview of the asset calendar | Navigating and filtering the asset Calendar >