The entire series of articles can be accessed at the side and bottom of this page, where you can learn more about the full management capability of the Asset Calendar.
- Overview of the asset calendar
- Navigating and filtering the Asset Calendar
- Accessing booking information and managing assignments from the asset calendar
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Calendar > Product > Calendar > Asset > Inventory Calendar > Asset tab
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin or restricted permissions to:
- View calendars to view the page
- View items, products and assets to view the data within the page
- Manage events and rules to enable/disable assets and remove maintenance events
Create bookings to create a new Staff-side booking
- Products must be configured with an inventory type based on assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Asset Calendar OverviewBack to top
The Asset tab of the Inventory Calendar provides a complete, visual overview of your asset availability, including the functionality to manage asset assignments.
Check out our complete overview of the Asset Calendar here:
What are assets? Check out the following series to learn more.
Understanding how assets are organizedBack to top
Your inventory is organized and presented as follows.
Viewing assets by category, then asset poolBack to top
By default, your Asset Calendar displays asset data for the current day with the option to view asset assignments by week.
Asset data is then presented by the hour or day, with asset pools grouped by asset category.
Sort order configuration is not available for asset categories or asset pools.
Adding a new bookingBack to top
You can start a new Staff-side booking from the Asset Calendar. Simply click on the New Booking button at the top of the page to begin the process.
Learn more about adding new Staff-side bookings here:
Accessing manage assetsBack to top
Do you need to manage the assets associated with the assignments, for example, changing the base quantity or capacity? Click the Manage Assets button at the top to open the Assets page in a new tab.
Learn more about managing assets here:
In the following article in this series, we look at navigating and filtering assets within the Asset tab of the Inventory Calendar.