Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: New bookings can be created from the locations listed below.
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Create Bookings.
- The Staff booking feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to make a Staff-side booking.
Creating a Staff-side booking
1. Staff can begin the creation of a booking from multiple areas in the system by clicking the New Booking button.
- Booking Calendar: Calendar > Booking
- Booking Index: Reports > Booking Index
- Bookmarks: Booking > Bookmarks
- Customer Directory: Customers > Directory
- Daily List: Booking > Daily List
- Daily Manifest: Booking > Daily Manifest
- Inventory/Product Calendar: Calendar > Inventory/Product
- New Booking: Booking > New Booking
2. Once the new booking button is selected, you can then choose the desired date and item/product.
3. Modify the item parameters or product guest types as needed in the item/product modal window. Click the Continue button to advance when done.
4. In the Booking Form that displays, you can adjust the item/product added, add another item/product with the Add to Booking button, or clear the booking to start over with the Clear All button.
5. Fill out the form fields with the Customer details and choose to Continue to submit the booking.
No payment is required at the time a Staff-side booking is created. Payment can be added at a later time instead.
The system automatically attaches the Staff Status selected in the Configuration area (Manage > Setup > Configuration) to the booking.
If you need to allow for Staff but not Customer bookings, then you can disable the Customer reserve page.
In the Booking Page area (Manage > Layout > Booking Page), select the Disable customer facing reserve page (allows only staff and API bookings) option and save the change.
This closes your public booking page, however, Staff bookings are still possible via Booking > New Booking.
Find out more about the Booking Page settings here:
Learn more about these topics here: