Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
What more do I need to use this feature?
- An account with Gondola — learn more and watch a demo on the website. Register for an account here.
- English-based (single language) accounts only at this time.
- Admin permissions to manage integrations.
- Item/Products configured as tours or activities.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
About GondolaBack to top
"Gondola is a powerful website builder that sells your tours or activities... a complete management platform built for busy tour operators who want to generate more direct bookings, without all the technical troubles." ~ Gondola.travel
Learn more about Gondola and the features offered here:
Integration OverviewBack to top
With Gondola, you can import select item/product data. The platform automatically generates category and product pages based on that information, complete with the Checkfront Booking Widget.
- Get started with Gondola. Build your website and more!
- Enable Checkfront Public API access within your Checkfront account.
- Import your Checkfront items/products into Gondola.
Enabling Checkfront API AccessBack to top
To import your Checkfront items/products into Gondola, you must enable the Checkfront Public API within your account.
- Log into Checkfront with an Admin account.
- From the top menu of your Checkfront account, select Developer from the Manage menu.
- Enable the Public API by turning ON the Status toggle. Toggle is automatically enabled if Site Builder is enabled within your account.
Learn more about Checkfront Public API here:
Importing Checkfront Items/Products into GondolaBack to top
- From the Overview page of your Gondola account, click Add a Tour.
- Select Import from Checkfront from the Import drop-down menu.
- Enter your Checkfront URL. The format is
- Click Fetch Products.
- Select the products to import. You may have several pages worth of inventory. Use the toggle under the Import column to select specific products. Toggle off the setting for those products you do not want to import.
- Click Import Products.
You can now edit your products (Tours > Edit tour) within Gondola to confirm all information is correct and further optimize your offerings and booking widget as needed.
Have you forgotten your Checkfront URL?
Follow these instructions to get your Checkfront URL.
Which item/product information is imported?Back to top
Gondola imports select information for each item/product. The following table illustrates which information is imported depending on which Checkfront version you utilize and the Gondola equivalent name for that data.
Gondola automatically generates pages for each of your categories with the associated items/products displayed.
Learn more about configuring your inventory details within Checkfront here:
Booking through your Gondola WebsiteBack to top
The Booking Widget automatically generates when you import your Checkfront items/products. You can then further manually configure the code within Gondola (Tours > Edit tour > Call to Action > Use a booking widget), if needed.
Learn more about advanced code options for the Booking Widget here:
Reporting on bookings in CheckfrontBack to top
You can report on bookings processed through the booking widget on your Gondola website using reports within your Checkfront account.
Learn more about reporting within Checkfront here:
Managing your bookings in CheckfrontBack to top
Bookings processed through the booking widget on your Gondola website are managed within your Checkfront account. This includes refunds, cancellations, and changes to the bookings.
Learn more about managing your bookings in Checkfront here: