Learn how to set up and activate the myallocator integration directly from the Product Builder (Manage > Inventory), if you haven't already done so via the integrations page (Manage > Integrations > Channels > Myallocator). We then cover how to sync your Checkfront products to room types in myallocator.
New to myallocator? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to myallocator.
Which plans include this feature?
What industry does this feature apply to?
✓ Accommodations | X Activities | X Tours | X Rentals | X Adventures | X Escape Rooms | Learn More
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Channels > Myallocator
What prerequisites are there?
Admin permissions to manage integrations.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Is your account on our classic version using items (Inventory > Items)? Instructions on synching items to room types are in the following help article.
1. Setting up myallocator from the product builderBack to top
In the previous article on Setting up the myallocator integration in Checkfront, we covered setting up and activating the myallocator integration from the Integrations page (Manage > Integrations > Channels > Myallocator).
Have you already activated the integration? Then you can jump directly to synching your products.
You can activate myallocator and sync your products from the Product Builder (Inventory > Products). To do so, follow these steps:
- Add or update a product you want to sync to myallocator (e.g. King Room Deluxe). Ensure the product is configured with a product booked nightly and priced per night.
- Go to the Advanced tab within the Product Builder.
- From the Additional Product Settings section, click on the listing for the Myallocator integration.
Next, we walk you through initiating the activation process for the integration.
2. Starting the activation process from the product builderBack to top
Click the Activate now button within the myallocator modal to start the activation process.
Continue to the next section to learn how to provide your connection credentials and complete the activation process.
3. Activating the myallocator integrationBack to top
Once you begin the activation process (see the section above), you are asked to provide your myallocator account credentials to authenticate the integration.
- From the Add-on Setup modal that displays after clicking Activate Now, enter your Myallocator Username and Myallocator Password.
- Click Activate when ready to proceed.
- You are then returned to the Product Builder with the integration activated.
Next, sync your product to a room type within myallocator!
4. Synching your product to a myallocator room typeBack to top
Once the myallocator integration is activated, the myallocator modal refreshes to display further settings.
- By default, the integration is set to Do not sync to Myallocator. Open this menu to select the room type you need to sync with the product in focus. Don't see your room type listed? Refresh the list by updating the integration (Manage > Integrations > Myallocator > Update).
- Acknowledge the message displayed by reading and selecting the checkbox provided.
- Click Done to close the modal and return to the Product Builder.
- Ensure you have clicked Save at the bottom of the Advanced tab to save your settings.
The option to Cancel imported bookings with cancellation notice is only visible if you access the integration from the Integrations page (Manage > Integrations > Channels > Myallocator). Learn more here:
Activating myallocator from the Product Builder makes the integration available as an option across your account for all products.
To deactivate myallocator, you do need to do so via Integrations (Manage > Integrations > Channels > MyAllocator).
Optional Upsells and myallocator
When an optional upsell is attached to a product, the upsell's availability overrides what is sent to myallocator. This prevents the product from being booked to its full availability through myallocator.
Until this issue is resolved, please create a separate, staff-only product without upsells to sync to myallocator. Follow these steps.
Learn more here: