We're excited to announce an Early Access Program for our new Product Builder!
What is it?
The Product Builder enables new inventory control features including the ability to manage resources within your Checkfront account by allowing you to allocate assets to your products. You can allocate your assets in a way that creates a private experience (e.g. private tour, private accommodation, or rental) OR for a shared experience (e.g. group tour, transportation, or shared activity). While your account will automatically allocate assets to prevent overbookings, you still are in control and can manually or auto-assign assets on the Daily Manifest.
Here are some of the highlights of the new Product Builder:
- Enable offerings with assets allocated directly to your products with our new assets feature.
- Configure product availability with our simplified availability settings.
- Offer flexible availability with our new custom hours option.
- Save your product in our new Draft mode, until you are ready to activate your product and take your first booking!
Use case example
If you operate multiple public tours that use a common asset, such as a vehicle, you require a complex configuration to manage your resources. In the new Product Builder, you are able to create assets and products that help you manage both the number of resources as well as the capacity of each resource.
Let's say we operate a tour company called Checky's Tours. We have two tours: Whale Watching Group Tour and Whale Watching Private Tour. To run these tours we have three small boats that can hold eight people each.
The new Product Builder allows you to allocate your boats (assets) to your tours (products). As bookings are made, the capacity of each boat begins to fill up. If your Whale Watching Group Tour is configured to use shared assets, the first booking will not only reserve the desired number of seats but also reserve one boat for the Whale Watching Group Tour, and further bookings can still come in and fill the remaining spots.
This is an early release of this functionality, and as such, we'll be looking forward to your feedback.
Currently, there are a few limitations you should know about:
- Products can be configured as available all the time, or between specific dates. Work to enable additional availability scheduling is underway.
- You can set up pricing as a base rate per asset or per guest including the ability to set up grouppricing. Work on other common types of pricing is underway.
- You can enable common third-party channel integrations including Reserve with Google and Get Your Guide. Work on additional third-party channel integrations is underway.
Who can get it and how?
The Early Access Program is open for a limited number of Operators for now. If you are interested in migrating or trying this new set of features, you can express your interest by signing up here.
More documentation for the feature can be found in these articles: Knowledge Base: Early Access Program
Please sign in to leave a comment.