New to Gift Certificates? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Gift Certificates feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Available with Growth (Subscription), Growth (Per Booking), and Managed plans only. Not available with Starter plans.
→ Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Inventory > Gift Certificate > Create Gift Certificate > More menu
(This menu displays once you have saved the description of your gift certificate.)
What more do I need to use this feature?
- The Gift Certificates feature is activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
Admin or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates and Manage Gift Certificate Templates.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Copying gift certificate templatesBack to top
When editing a gift certificate, you can copy a template by selecting More and then Copy from the bottom menu bar.
Archiving (and unarchiving) gift certificate templatesBack to top
You can archive a template by selecting More and then Archive from the bottom menu bar when editing a gift certificate. Once archived, the gift certificate is no longer visible as active for Staff or Customers to add to a booking.
To unarchive a template, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the main Item (Inventory > Items) area and filter the Inventory list to show Archived items.
- Search, filter for, or scroll the page to find the archived gift certificate template and select the gift certificate name to open up the editor.
- Select the Save button in the footer of the editor, and the gift certificate is reactivated.
While gift certificate templates can be archived following the above steps if using products, there isn't a specific area to unarchive them. Instead, if you know the archived gift certificate's unique URL, you can visit it and select the Save bottom menu button to unarchive the template.
Translating template fieldsBack to top
Click the More button in the bottom menu to translate the information in the Gift Certificate Name and Summary fields.
In the menu that displays, hover your pointer over Translate and then click to select any language you have configured for use in your system from the pop-out menu.
Next, input your translations into the highlighted, translatable fields. Click Save Translation to save your changes when you are done.
For more details on language translations, you can visit our guide here:
Next, we look at previewing, editing, and copying your gift certificate once created.