New to Gift Certificates? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Gift Certificates feature.
X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Inventory > Gift Certificate > Create Gift Certificate > More menu
(This menu displays once you have saved the description of your gift certificate.)
What prerequisites are there?
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- The Gift Certificates feature is activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Admin or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates and Manage Gift Certificate Templates.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Gift Certificates feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Copying gift certificate templatesBack to top
When editing a gift certificate, you can copy a template by selecting More and then Copy from the bottom menu bar.
Archiving (and unarchiving) gift certificate templatesBack to top
When editing a gift certificate, you can archive a template by selecting More and then Archive from the bottom menu bar. Once archived, the gift certificate is no longer visible as active for Staff or Customers to add to a booking.
To unarchive a template, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the main Item (Inventory > Items) area and filter the Inventory list to show Archived items.
- Search, filter for, or scroll the page to find the archived gift certificate template and select the gift certificate name to open up the editor.
- In the editor, select the Save bottom menu button, and the gift certificate is reactivated.
While gift certificate templates can be archived following the above steps if using products, there isn't currently a specific area to unarchive them. Instead, if you know the archived gift certificate's unique URL, then you can visit it and select the Save bottom menu button to unarchive the template.
Translating template fieldsBack to top
To translate the information in the Gift Certificate Name and Summary fields, click on the More button in the bottom menu.
In the menu that displays, hover your pointer over Translate and then click to select any language you have configured for use in your system from the pop-out menu.
Next, input your translations into the highlighted, translatable fields. Click Save Translation to save your changes when you are done.
For more details on language translations, you can visit our guide here:
Next, we look at previewing, editing, and copying your gift certificate once created.