Learn how to copy, archive (or unarchive) and translate your gift certificates from the More menu in the footer of the Gift Certificate builder.
New to Gift Certificates? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Gift Certificates feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
*Gift Certificates are not available with the Starter plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Inventory > Gift Certificate > Create Gift Certificate > More menu
(This menu displays once you have saved the description of your gift certificate.)
What prerequisites are there?
- The Gift Certificates feature is activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
Admin or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates and Manage Gift Certificate Templates.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Gift Certificates feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Copying gift certificate templatesBack to top
When editing a gift certificate, you can copy a template by selecting More and then Copy from the bottom menu bar.
Archiving (and unarchiving) gift certificate templatesBack to top
You can archive a template by selecting More and then Archive from the bottom menu bar when editing a gift certificate. Once archived, the gift certificate is no longer visible as active for Staff or Customers to add to a booking.
To unarchive a template, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the main Item (Inventory > Items) area and filter the Inventory list to show Archived items.
- Search, filter for, or scroll the page to find the archived gift certificate template and select the gift certificate name to open up the editor.
- Select the Save button in the footer of the editor, and the gift certificate is reactivated.
While gift certificate templates can be archived following the above steps if using products, there isn't a specific area to unarchive them. Instead, if you know the archived gift certificate's unique URL, you can visit it and select the Save bottom menu button to unarchive the template.
Translating template fieldsBack to top
Click the More button in the bottom menu to translate the information in the Gift Certificate Name and Summary fields.
In the menu that displays, hover your pointer over Translate and then click to select any language you have configured for use in your system from the pop-out menu.
Next, input your translations into the highlighted, translatable fields. Click Save Translation to save your changes when you are done.
For more details on language translations, you can visit our guide here:
Next, we look at previewing, editing, and copying your gift certificate once created.
< More options for translating, copying, and archiving your gift certificates | Previewing, editing, and copying your gift certificates >