Start with this introduction to the Viator integration.
To learn more about Viator, please read all the articles in this series linked at the side and bottom of this page.
Which plans include this feature?
What industry does this feature apply to?
X Accommodations | ✓ Activities | ✓ Tours | X Rentals | ✓ Adventures | ✓ Escape Rooms | Learn More
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Channels > Viator
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Admin permissions to manage integrations.
- A Viator account (or sign up during integration setup!)
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- This integration is not yet supported with products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
→ Express your interest in this feature with products | Learn more about products
About ViatorBack to top
Viator - A TripAdvisor Company, is an online marketplace for tours, activities, and attractions. With a Viator account, you can make your inventory available for booking online through Viator and other TripAdvisor business pages.
Viator does not use Checkfront to process payments. Instead, Viator processes the payments directly through their processors and then sends this information to Checkfront. We then create an invoice with a booking form field with merchant details.
Integration OverviewBack to top
Checkfront's Viator integration connects your Checkfront inventory to Viator. Once configured, Viator can query item availability in Checkfront on behalf of Guests looking to book through the system. Once an item is booked through Viator, the inventory in Checkfront is updated, and a booking record is reflected in both Viator and Checkfront.
You can follow these steps to get started.
- Provide us with some key information and configuration preferences. You can sign up for a Viator account in the process.
- Map your Checkfront item parameters to Viator age bands.
- Send your integration activation request email to Viator for processing.
- Once activated, you can connect your Viator products to Checkfront in Viator.
→ Learn more with the Viator help article: How do I connect my products...?
Once your integration is activated and products connected, you can start taking bookings through Viator.
Allowing time for activationBack to top
The integration activation with Viator can take up to 24 hours. Plan ahead to allow time to set up your integration without any time pressure!
With the next article in the series, we start setting up the integration in Checkfront.