Learn how to set up guest type visibility per availability event for Customers and/or Staff.
New to the Product Builder? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Product feature.
Guest types are managed from the Inventory tab of the Product Builder. Learn more here:
Guest type visibility is one of the settings with availability event configuration. Learn more about availability events starting here:
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Products > Products > Add Product/Add New Product/Edit Product > Availability
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View products and assets and Manage products and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Setting up guest type visibility per availability event
In addition to configuring guest type visiblity within the guest type setting (Inventory > Who is this product available to?), you can determine which guest types are visible to Customers and Staff via the Guest Visibility setting within each Availability Event (Inventory > Products > Availability tab). You can then customize who can book your product for custom schedules, e.g. Child-free weekdays vs family-friendly weekends.
Turn on the Guest Visibility setting within the Availability Event modal to view the associated guest types.
By default, all guest types are selected. You can deselect the check box next to the guest type to remove one or more guest types from Customer view or Staff view.
- If the Customer view checkbox is selected, the guest type (e.g. Adult and Senior) is visible to Customers for selection within the Book Now modal.
- If the Customer view checkbox is not selected, the guest type (e.g. Youth and Child) is not visible to Customers for selection within the Book Now modal.
- If the Staff view checkbox is selected, the guest type is visible to Staff within the Staff booking pages.
- If the Staff view checkbox is not selected, the guest type is not visible to Staff within the Staff booking pages.
Booking with guest types visible to Staff onlyBack to top
|Staff Book Now Modal
|Customer Book Now Modal
Having the guest type visible to Staff only gives your Staff the power to book guest types as needed.
You can find guest types visible to Staff on the Staff-side booking pages, such as the Book Now modal. However, Customers cannot see the same guest types from the customer-facing view.
Once you apply guest types to the booking, any guest types with prices are listed in the Booking Invoice.