Configuring the Quickbooks Merchant Services Payment Gateway
Intuit, the company that created the world's most popular small business accounting software QuickBooks, also provides merchant accounts to process credit cards through your Checkfront account.
If you are currently an Intuit QuickBooks user, chances are you already have been supplied with a QuickBooks Merchant Services account to process payments for your invoices. With this extension, you can have your transactions from Checkfront flow directly into your QuickBooks account for easy tracking and management.
If you are not a QuickBooks user, you can still sign up for a merchant account and manage all your payments inside their easy to use online payment system.
Quickbooks Merchant Services FeaturesBack to top
- Virtual Terminal
- Ability to Provide Refunds
- Seamless Checkout
SetupBack to top
To enable the Quickbooks Merchant Services extension, log in to your Checkfront account and navigate to Manage > E-Commerce, making sure the Payment tab is active.
Locate the Quickbooks Merchant tile and click on the button labeled Quickbooks Merchant. The button will turn blue when you hover your mouse over it.
The activation window will open containing two fields; Connection Ticket, which is required, and a checkbox to enable the Sandbox (Test) Mode.
There is a bit of a process to create a Connection Ticket, so we'll do our best to outline the steps below. If you have any difficulties along the way, please contact the support team at Intuit directly.
- Make sure you have a valid Quickbooks Merchant Services account configured.
- Click on the Generate a Connection Ticket link in the activation pop-up, as shown in the screenshot above and sign in.
Create the Connection Ticket
- In your web browser, paste:https://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=571493665&sessionEnabled=false
- Press Enter.
Note: It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing this website. If you experience issues while logging in using any browser, try a different browser first with the same link.
- Log in with your payments account information.
- If you get to the Companies page, click the payments account for the company you would like to use.
- You may arrive at a page asking if you would like to have a Secure Login, for this option you need to select No. If you select Yes you will have to sign in everytime you process and most Webstore Interfaces do not allow this feature.
- You will now arrive at a Congratulations! page. This page displays your Connection Ticket.
You can now paste that Connection Ticket into your activation window at Checkfront.
Enable Sandbox (Test) Mode
It is highly recommended you perform an end-to-end test of your payment system before taking any real, live payments. To do this, check the box labeled Enabled sandbox (test) mode.
When in sandbox mode, create a few dummy bookings and checkout with dummy credentials to make sure the payments collected are flowing through to your gateway. You can also test some refunds in the same manner.
Test credit card credentials can be found here: https://developer.intuit.com/docs/00_quickbooks_payments/z_qbms_payments/0060_documentation/testing#Testing_Credit_Card_Transactions