Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Notifications > Email > Email Notification
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Manage Notifications.
- The Email Notifications feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
In this article, we look at how to translate a notification using Customer languages and choosing the language for a notification when processing a new booking Staff-side.
New to Email Notifications and its functionality? Be sure to read the first article in this series for an introduction!
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the full capabilities of the Email Notifications feature.
Translating email notificationsBack to top
Do you have Customer Languages configured and need to translate your email notifications into another language? Follow these steps to translate your notification:
- Click on the button labelled Translate, which is displayed within the left-hand menu of the Email Notifications page. A dropdown menu of the languages you have configured within your account appears.
- Click on the language you wish to edit. Any fields which can be edited while in this mode are highlighted in blue.
- Make your changes and click Save Translation in the left sidebar.
For more details on language translations, you can visit our guide here:
Staff bookings and choosing the notification languageBack to top
With your email notifications translated into other languages, Staff now have the option to choose the language in which the notification sends when creating a new booking from the back-end of the system, for example, via the New Booking (Booking > New Booking) option.
A special Customer Language field appears on the booking form and is visible to Staff members only. The dropdown menu is pre-populated with any Customer languages that are currently active in your system.
The language selected in this field causes relevant notifications to send in that language as per their schedule.
In the next article, we provide tips on setting up HTML notifications.