Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
- Preview and Edit: Inventory > Gift Certificates > Create Gift Certificate (button) > Details > Media > Confirmation
- Edit Gift Certificate: Inventory > Gift Certificates > Gift Certificate > Gift Certificate Builder
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- Gift Certificates activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions Manage Gift Certificates and Manage Gift Certificate Templates.
- Gift Certificates are available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using Gift Certificates with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
The new product feature mentioned in this article is currently part of our Early Access Program, which means it is available to select Customers to try out and provide us with feedback.
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
Need to activate Gift Certificates for your account? Be sure to read the first article in this series: Gift Certificates: Setup
Preview, Edit, and Copy Gift CertificatesBack to top
Once you Save and Finish your Gift Certificate, a confirmation page displays.
From there, you can Preview what your new Gift Certificate looks like to your Customers, Create a new Gift Certificate, or Edit the one you have just made.
The Edit button also has a drop-down option that enables you to simply Copy the Gift Certificate you have just created. This is great if you want a new Gift Certificate with slightly different properties.
View and Edit Gift CertificatesBack to top
Once you have created your Gift Certificate, you can quickly access the newly created Gift Certificate from the left-hand menu of the main Gift Certificates page.
Simply click on the name of the Gift Certificate to bring it into focus.
This opens a dedicated page for the Gift Certificate where you can view the list of associated purchases and Edit the Gift Certificate. Edit Gift Certificate opens the Gift Certificate Template Builder described in previous articles.
Congratulations, you have created a Gift Certificate!
- Archive and Unarchive Gift CertificatesBack to top
When editing a Gift Certificate if using items, you can archive a template by selecting More and then Archive from the bottom menu bar. Once archived, the Gift Certificate is no longer visible as active for Staff or Customers to add to a booking.
To unarchive a template, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the main Item (Inventory > Items) area and filter the Inventory list to show Archived items.
2. Search, filter for, or scroll the page to find the archived Gift Certificate template and select its Name to open up the editor.
3. In the editor, select the Save bottom menu button and the Gift Certificate is then reactivated.
While Gift Certificate templates can be archived following the above steps if using products, there isn't currently a specific area to unarchive them. Instead, if you know the archived product Gift Certificate's unique URL, then you can visit it and select the Save bottom menu button to unarchive the template.
Next, we learn about Gift Certificate Notifications. See the link below to access the next article.