Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
- Preview and Edit: Inventory > Gift Certificates > Create Gift Certificate (button) > Details > Media > Confirmation
- Edit Gift Certificate: Inventory > Gift Certificates > Gift Certificate > Gift Certificate Builder
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates
- The Gift certificates feature activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions Manage Gift Certificates and Manage Gift Certificate Templates.
- The Gift Certificates feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
New to Gift Certificates or need to activate Gift Certificates for your account? Be sure to start with the first article in this series: Introduction to gift certificates.
In this article, we look at the final step of building your gift certificate with options to preview, edit and copy your gift certificate.
Previewing, editing, and copying gift certificatesBack to top
Once you Save and Finish your gift certificate, a confirmation page displays.
From there, you can Preview what your new gift certificate looks like to your Customers, Create a new Gift Certificate, or Edit the one you have just made.
The Edit button also has a drop-down option that enables you to simply Copy the gift certificate you have just created. This is great if you want a new gift certificate with slightly different properties.
Viewing and editing gift certificatesBack to top
Once you have created your gift certificate, you can quickly access the newly created gift certificate from the left-hand menu of the main Gift Certificates page.
Simply click on the name of the gift certificate to bring it into focus.
This opens a dedicated page for the gift certificate where you can view the list of associated purchases and Edit the Gift Certificate. Edit Gift Certificate opens the Gift Certificate Template Builder described in previous articles.
Congratulations, you have created a gift certificate!
- Archiving and unarchiving gift certificatesBack to top
When editing a gift certificate if using items, you can archive a template by selecting More and then Archive from the bottom menu bar. Once archived, the gift certificate is no longer visible as active for Staff or Customers to add to a booking.
To unarchive a template, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the main Item (Inventory > Items) area and filter the Inventory list to show Archived items.
2. Search, filter for, or scroll the page to find the archived gift certificate template and select its Name to open up the editor.
3. In the editor, select the Save bottom menu button and the gift certificate is then reactivated.
While gift certificate templates can be archived following the above steps if using products, there isn't currently a specific area to unarchive them. Instead, if you know the archived gift certificate's unique URL, then you can visit it and select the Save bottom menu button to unarchive the template.
Next, we learn about Gift Certificate Notifications. See the link below to access the next article.