Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
- Availability Events: Inventory > Products > Availability
- Availability Event Rates: Inventory > Products > Pricing
- Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View Products and Assets and Manage Products and Assets.
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), which is a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to Items (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions on how to add custom rates, to your product availability events i.e. date range-specific pricing.
This article focuses on adding pricing to availability events which is part of the process of configuring a new product. For a detailed walk-through of product creation please see the following series.
OverviewBack to top
Follow these steps to add custom availability event pricing.
- Add an availability event
- Add pricing to the availability event
- Preview the Customer booking experience
1. Add an availability eventBack to top
Start by creating an availability event to apply to your product from the Availability tab of the Product Builder (Inventory > Product > edit/+ new product). We go into detail about this process in the section Managing availability events of the Product Builder guide.
You can also initiate creating a new availability event from the Pricing Table within the Pricing tab. You are then taken back to the Availability tab once the availability event has been created.
2. Add pricing to the availability eventBack to top
From the Pricing tab of the Product Builder (Inventory > Product), select Availability from the Add Rate drop-down.
This opens the Add Availability Rates modal. From there, you can select the availability event.
The modal then refreshes to reveal your pricing options. Select Custom Pricepoint and the Save to close the modal and move to the next step.
You can then specify the custom rates for that availability event within the Pricing Table and the fields provided.
What this looks like varies depending on your base rate configuration. Whether you are using product rates, guest rates, group pricing or a combination of these rate types - our pricing features are very flexible!
3. Preview the Customer booking experienceBack to top
Finally, you can Preview your pricing configuration from the Customer's perspective of the booking pages. Notice, that rates are labelled with the name of the availability rate where applicable.