Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Availability Events: Inventory > Products > Availability
- Availability Event Rates: Inventory > Products > Pricing
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View Products and Assets and Manage Products and Assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
This article focuses on adding pricing to availability events to configure a new product. For a detailed walk-through of product creation, please see the following series.
OverviewBack to top
Follow these steps to add custom availability event pricing.
- Add an availability event
- Add pricing to the availability event
- Preview the Customer booking experience
1. Add an availability eventBack to top
Start by creating an availability event to apply to your product from the Availability tab of the Product Builder (Inventory > Product > edit/+ new product). We detail this process in the section Managing availability events of the Product Builder guide.
You can also create a new availability event from the Pricing Table within the Pricing tab. You are then returned to the Availability tab once the availability event has been created.
2. Add pricing to the availability eventBack to top
From the Pricing tab of the Product Builder (Inventory > Product), select Availability from the Add Rate dropdown.
This opens the Add Availability Rates modal. From there, you can select the availability event.
The modal then refreshes to reveal your pricing options. Select Custom Pricepoint and then Save to close the modal and move to the next step.
You can then specify the custom rates for that availability event within the Pricing Table and the fields provided.
What this looks like varies depending on your base rate configuration. Whether you are using product rates, guest rates, group pricing or a combination of these rate types - our pricing features are very flexible!
3. Preview the Customer booking experienceBack to top
Finally, you can Preview your pricing configuration from the Customer's perspective of the booking pages. Notice that rates are labelled with the name of the availability rate where applicable.