Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Manage > Layout > Booking Form
- Manage > Notifications > Email > Email Notification
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
OverviewBack to top
Would you like to gather booking information and include that information in an email sent to recipients? Can you not find the field you need in our list of default system fields? You can solve this by creating a custom form field variable and including it in a notification.
- Add a custom field with a variable.
- Add the custom variable to the email notification.
- Preview what this looks like to the recipient.
1. Add a custom field with variableBack to top
Add a custom field with a variable by following these steps:
- Within the Booking Form (Manage > Layout > Booking Form), choose + Add New Field.
- In the window that shows, choose the Type, enter the Label, and specify the custom field ID.
- Put in an optional Report Label and Tip, and choose the appropriate options from the Options and Advanced tabs.
- Click Add to save the changes.
For the custom field to populate within the notification, you must set the custom field to Show on form and/or Show on invoice for Customers within the form field Options tab.
2. Add a custom variable to a notificationBack to top
Add the custom variable made in the previous section to an email notification.
- Create a new or edit an existing Notification (Manage > Notifications).
- In the Email tab, edit the email body to include the field ID of the custom variable within the content. The format of the custom variable is
- Choose Save to save the changes made.
3. Preview the emailBack to top
When a notification includes a custom variable, the system automatically populates the variable with the matching content from the booking form.
You can preview the email from the email template page (Manage > Notifications > Live Preview).
Find out more about Email Notification variables and the Booking Form here: