Learn how to add (or edit) booking form fields, so that you can collect additional Guest information quickly and easily.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Layout > Booking Form
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage your account.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Checkfront How To: How to add & edit booking form fieldsBack to top
Look at the following articles for detailed instructions on adding (or editing) booking form fields, or view the high-level, step-by-step instructions below.
- Adding, editing, and reordering booking form fields
- Configuring booking form field general settings
- Configuring booking form field option settings
Configuring booking form field advanced settings
Adding (or editing) booking form fields
1. Select Layout from the Manage menu.
2. Go to the Booking Form tab.
3. Choose to +Add new field or Edit an existing field.
4. Select (or change) the Type of field, e.g. Dropdown Select. Learn more here: Configuring booking form field general settings.
5. Add (or edit) the Label, e.g. Experience Level. This is the name displayed on invoices. Learn more here: Configuring booking form field general settings.
6. Add (or edit) the Tip to help the Customer or Staff Member fill out the field, e.g. Specify your kayaking experience level. This text is displayed under the field. Learn more here: Configuring booking form field general settings.
7. Select and configure your options, for example:
- Show the field on your form to Customers and/or Staff.
- Mark the field as Required for Customers and/or Staff.
- Show the field on your invoice to Customers and/or Staff.
The options that display depend on the field type you have selected. Learn more here: Configuring booking form field option settings.
8. In the case of a Dropdown select field, you need to enter (or edit) the choices you want to present. Learn more here: Configuring booking form field option settings.
9. Look at your advanced options, including making the field Product-Specific. Learn more here: Configuring booking form field advanced settings.
10. Click Add to save your work, add the field to your form, or update the existing field.
11. If you add a new field, the field is listed at the bottom of your form by default. You can drag and drop it to a higher position if needed. Learn more here: Adding, editing, and reordering booking form fields.
Depending on how you have configured your options, you can now view the field within your Customer and Staff-facing pages. Repeat the process to add more custom fields.