Learn how to schedule an email notification with our step-by-step instructions.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Notifications > Email > Email Notification
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Scheduling an email notificationBack to top
Would you like to have an email reminder sent at a specific time, e.g. the day before a booking starts? You can do this by scheduling an email notification to be sent to select recipients.
Follow these steps to get started.
1. Navigate to the Notifications area (Manage > Notifications).
2. Click + New Notification to create a new notification or select an existing entry to edit it.
3. Select Scheduled in the Deliver option.
4. In the Schedule dropdown options that open, choose to send the notification for a specified amount of time (hour, day, week, or month) either Before the booking or After the booking. You can then choose the start date, end date, or creation date.
5. Within the remainder of the notification, choose the subject, booking status, recipients, inventory, and email content that works best for you.
6. After you finish setting up the notification, click Save.
Email notifications scheduled to be sent days, weeks, or months before or after the booking deliver at the same hour they were created.
For instance, if a booking is created at 11 a.m. on Tuesday and the scheduled notification is two days before the booking, it is sent at 11 a.m. on the scheduled day.
Occasionally, mail can be delayed due to volume (including unscheduled mail), but it generally aligns with the above time frame.
A new scheduled notification still applies to and is sent for existing bookings if the booking status matches the one set in the notification.
Per Hour notifications can only be scheduled to be sent up to 48 hours before or after a booking takes place.
These notifications use midnight of the scheduled date to trigger emails for day and night inventory.
Read the following blog post to learn how setting up follow-up email notifications can get you better reviews on Trip Advisor:
Learn more about how to set up email notifications here: