Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Gift Certificates
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- Gift Certificates activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates and Issue Gift Certificates.
- Gift Certificates are available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using Gift Certificates with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
Need to activate Gift Certificates for your account? Be sure to read the first article in this series: Gift Certificates: Setup
Staff Issued and Emailed Gift CertificatesBack to top
Staff can Issue Gift Certificates to be sent to specific recipients via email.
Click on the Issue Gift Certificate button to get started.
Staff Issued Gift Certificates cannot be paid for by the Customer, they are complimentary. They are not included in Sales reports.
Operators generally issue Gift Certificates as gifts for patronage or as special promotions.
If you would like to offer Gift Certificates for sale to your Customers, then please consider Creating a Gift Certificate.
- Select a Theme for Your Gift CertificateBack to top
Click on the Change Theme drop-down button and hover your mouse over the choices to see a live preview of each. Simply click on the one you wish to use - Celebration, Seasonal, Summer, or No Theme.
- Edit Your Gift Certificate DetailsBack to top
Enter an Amount for the Gift Certificate, and specify the recipient (To) sender names (From), the Recipient Email address, and a message.
The Delivery Date allows you to specify the date to send the Gift Certificate by email, if you don't want it issued immediately.
The Valid From date determines when the Gift Certificate is activated and can be applied to purchases.
De-select or select the Never check-box to determine whether and when the Gift Certificate Expires.
- PreviewBack to top
A Preview of the Gift Certificate displays at the right of the page. Note, the Logo can be changed within Gift Certificate Settings (Manage > Gift Certificates).
- Issue Gift CertificateBack to top
When satisfied with your Gift Certificate, click Issue Gift Certificate to send it! The Gift Certificate is sent using Notifications.
To learn more about configuring Gift Certificate Notifications, check out the following article:
In the Gift Certificates home screen, you can now click on the Staff Issued Gift Certificates link, in the left sidebar, to view the details of this Gift Certificate.