For those on our newest version of Checkfront with accounts that use products (Inventory > products).
In this article, we’ll be taking a quick look at how easy it is to start taking bookings using Checkfront.
Checkfront, at its core, is a booking platform. It allows your Guests to book directly from your website and other channels and pulls all your bookings into one convenient location where you can organize and manage them - giving you more time to spend running your business. Checkfront is simple enough to get up and running in just a few steps, but it also has tons of advanced features that you can use when you’re ready.
1. Creating your Products
Get started showcasing your experiences to your Guests by creating highly detailed Products in our Product Builder, giving them the information they need to complete a booking. Whether including photos and videos, or customizing pricing, availability, and packages, you can tailor your booking page to communicate availability and prevent overbookings.
Learn how to create Products to sell to your Guests
- Step 1: Set up the details of your product
- Step 2: Establish inventory for your product
- Step 3: Determine the availability of your product
- Step 4: Configure pricing for your product
- Step 5: Manage advanced settings for your product
- Learn more!
2. Creating Bookings
However you plan on using Checkfront, success comes from the same basic approach, providing a seamless booking experience for your Guests.
In just a few clicks, you can set up an integrated booking page and notifications, allowing your Guests to make bookings online directly from your website and automatically send customized notifications to your Guests and Staff - for confirmations, follow-ups, and anything in between. You’ll give your Guests an easy and seamless experience from start to finish.
- Explore how Guests can make bookings on the Customer Booking page
- Make in-person and call-in bookings with the Staff Booking page
3. Setting up payments
Find and enable the payment solution that best suits your business needs and is available to your region. We recommend you process some test transactions to validate your configuration and familiarize yourself with the experience.
- Start by setting up your payment provider
- Find detailed information and instructions on supported payment providers
- Consider Checkfront Payments, where available!
Managing your Bookings
With Checkfront, your team has access to several ways to view your bookings, so you can find the workflow and layout that works best for your team. Using detailed reports, shared calendars, and invoices, you can monitor your business and keep your team up to date as changes are made to bookings in real-time, all from one place.
- Learn about your day on the Daily Manifest
- See what coming up soon on the Customer Calendar
- Manage your availability on the Inventory Calendar
- Explore all your reporting options, including reporting FAQ.
Additional areas to explore
Add Checkfront to your website to start taking bookings or further customize your experience with over 50 integrations and a powerful API, so whether it’s payments, accounting, marketing, or OTAs, Checkfront can adapt to your needs.
- Create accounts for your team using Staff Accounts
- Integrate Checkfront with the tools you love. Explore our integrations
- Supercharge your booking experience with add-ons like waivers, guest forms, and gift certificates
Upgrading from a Trial or Starter plan
- Upgrading from Starter to Growth (Subscription)
- Upgrading from Starter to Growth (Per Booking)
- Selecting the Growth (Subscription) plan after your Trial
- Selecting the Growth (Per Booking) plan after your Trial
Check out this related blog post for more information on getting started: