Which plans include this feature?
Whether or not you can switch between payment providers depends on many factors, including your plan type. See the appropriate payment provider article to determine if you are eligible to switch to that provider.
→ Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Ecommerce Setup > Payment
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage Payment Providers.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Tips for switching between payment providersBack to top
Do you want to switch from your currently enabled Payment Provider and wonder how best to do so? If yes, then consider the following tips and best practices.
- Make the switch either late at night or early in the morning when Customers are not likely to make bookings.
- Disable the Customer-facing reserve page temporarily during the switch. Re-enable the reserve page when the switch is complete.
- Reconfigure the Ecommerce settings and taxes as necessary after switching.
Switching between primary payment providersBack to top
The following are high-level steps for switching between Payment Providers. The process may vary slightly depending on the Payment Providers involved.
- Disable your existing payment provider (e.g. Authorize.net) from Ecommerce settings.
- Activate the new payment provider (e.g. Stripe) from Ecommerce settings.
- Process a live test payment to confirm everything works as expected ( ~$1 minimum).
You can now start accepting payments through your new provider!
Please select from the following list for detailed instructions on activating and disabling Payment Providers.
Refunds for transactions made through a previously activated Payment Provider are impossible, as the integration is no longer active.
Any refunds must be applied outside of Checkfront and from the Payment Provider dashboard if supported.