Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Integrations > Channels > myallocator
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), which is a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- This feature is not yet supported with products (Inventory > Products), which is a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to Items (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
About myallocatorBack to top
Myallocator is a software tool, which gives you control over all your booking channels from one convenient portal. Myallocator integrates with a number of channels including Airbnb, Booking.com, and VRBO.
For a full list of myallocator supported channels, please visit their website.
Checkfront is integrated with myallocator to push real-time booking updates from your website to all your booking channels simultaneously and vice versa.
To start using myallocator with Checkfront, you need to update a few settings in myallocator and then authorize the Checkfront integration to connect with your myallocator account...we take care of the rest!
When a booking is made on your own website, or through one of your channel websites, the available inventory is adjusted across all the other platforms!
Have you added a new room to your myallocator account, but the room is not showing for mapping in Checkfront? Click the Update button within the Add-on Setup modal (Manage > Integrations > MyAllocator) to refresh your property list. Learn more here...
Setup in myallocatorBack to top
Before configuring the integration with Checkfront, there are a few things you need to set up within your myallocator account.
- Enable Automatic Adjustments.
- Setup Room Types.
- Setup Channels
- Setup Property Management System (PMS) Connections.
For further information on setting up myallocator, please see the myallocator Knowledge Base.
- Enable Automatic AdjustmentsBack to top
Secondly, click on the Automatic Adjustments link in the left sidebar of the Manage page. From there, set the Enable option to On, to keep your inventory up-to-date across your booking channels and within Checkfront. Without Automatic Adjustments enabled, the system does not recognize when a booking has been made or update inventory accordingly.
- Setup Room TypesBack to top
Thirdly, set up your Room Types in myallocator so that they can be mapped to your offerings in Checkfront. We'll worry about how to do the mapping part later, but for now, you just need to configure your different types of room.
Click on the Room Types link in the left sidebar. From there, click the New Room Type button. Fill out the required details and add a label so you can identify the room type in Checkfront. Repeat this process for all the different Room Types you have on offer.
- - Private or Shared Room?Back to top
While you are looking at Room Types, you need to determine whether your Room Types are priced per room or on a per-person basis. You need to edit each Room Type and configure the Room Type setting.
Choose Private Room to price per room and Shared to price per person.
- Setup ChannelsBack to top
Next, set up the channels you would like to be linked to myallocator.
An account with myallocator does not automatically sign you up with all the supported channels. You must sign up for accounts with each channel on your own.
To configure a channel...
- Click on the Channels menu item within the left side menu under the Channels section.
- Click on the Add Channel button.
- Click on the Not Setup button next to the channel you wish to activate.
- Provide your credentials to connect your OTA account to myallocator.
Repeat these steps for every account you need to connect.
- Setup PMS ConnectionsBack to top
The final step is to set up your PMS (Property Management System) connections within myallocator. This enables you to define which third-party vendors (in this case, Checkfront) have access to your property via the PMS-facing API.
- Click on the PMS Connections link under Integrations in the left sidebar.
- Select Checkfront from the (Connect to a PMS) drop-down menu.
- Click the Add button.
Checkfront is then added to the list of Active Connections with its own unique Authentication Token. You do not need to note this token as it is used by the app behind the scenes.