Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Item Events
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), which is a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to Items (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Item Events are used to modify the price or availability of your inventory items based on date. Without Item Events, your inventory items are simple bookable items available 365 days a year at a fixed (base) price.
Item Events bring items to life by controlling how much you charge for them and when they are available. Item Events can be configured globally across all items in your inventory, or on a specific category/item only.
With Item Events, You Can:
• Dynamically increase/decrease item price for a period of time (e.g. increase pricing by 20% in December).
• Set new fixed price points that appear in your inventory item setup (e.g. enable high, low seasonal pricing).
• Activate items in your inventory for a specific time period (see closed inventory).
• Close out partial or entire parts of your inventory for a period of time (see open inventory).
• Enforce rule sets and booking policies for a specified time (e.g. set a minimum quantity of 2 on Fridays in May).
If you are looking to create discounts, voucher offers, and specials, then see Discount Events.
Closed Inventory vs Open InventoryBack to top
Checkfront allows you to operate an open or a closed inventory.
In an open inventory, all of your items are available 365 days a year. When creating items, you set the default status as Available (default). You can also use Item Events to disable them for any dates.
In a closed inventory, your items are configured as Unavailable by default and only enabled through the dates you define in your Item Events.