Read this introduction to Partner Accounts, including accessing partner accounts, adding new partner accounts, understanding the number of accounts you have left in your plan, and enabling calculating commissions after booking discounts.
To learn more about Partner Accounts, please read the full series of articles at the side and bottom of this page.
- Filtering and searching your Partner Account list
- Viewing Partner Account information within the Partner Account list
- Enabling system-wide account settings for Partner Accounts
- Configuring Partner account profile settings
- Managing Partner Account permission settings
- Exporting Partner Accounts
- Setting up commissions for Partner Accounts
- Using the Booking Widget and Hosted Booking Page for Partners
- Viewing the commission breakdown from the booking invoice
- Reporting on Partner commissions
Looking for information on Staff or Customer accounts? Check out the following articles:
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho*, Pro*, Plus*, Enterprise*, Flex*
New: Starter*, Growth (Subscription), Growth (Per Booking), Managed
*Limits on the number of Partner accounts apply.
→ Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > User Accounts > Partner Accounts
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Admin permissions to manage User Accounts.
- Our Android and iOS mobile apps do not support Partner Accounts. Partners must use their desktop or mobile browsers to access accounts.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Accessing partner accountsBack to top
You may need to offer third-party agents or Partners the functionality to make bookings for your business. In this case, Commissions are paid for these bookings, and the Partner must have access to their reporting console without having access to the main business back-end. This is where Partner accounts come into play.
When a Partner account is created, that Partner can access their private dashboard. This allows Partners to embed a booking portal on their website and track commissions earned on their referrals. They do not have access to your inventory or company reporting and cannot make any changes to your account.
From the Partner Accounts tab, you can view pertinent information about each Partner, such as the number of Bookings they have made, whether they have enabled Two Factor Authentication, and when they last logged in.
You can also access the Partner's account details for editing purposes and export Partner Accounts.
Adding new Partner AccountsBack to top
To start creating a new Partner Account, click on the New Partner button at the top-left of the page.
Learn more about Partner Account - Profiles and Permissions with the following articles.
You have # LeftBack to top
Depending on your plan, there are limits on the number of Partner Accounts you can add.
The number of Partner Accounts you have left is displayed next to the New Partner button with the YOU HAVE # LEFT label, for example, YOU HAVE 1 LEFT.
A banner appears at the top of the page when you have reached your plan limit and are prompted to upgrade your plan.
Anytime you change the status of a Partner Account (enable, disable, archive, or unarchive), simply refresh the page to see an updated YOU HAVE # LEFT count.
Learn more about changing your billing plan here:
Calculating commissions after booking discountsBack to top
Determines whether Commissions are calculated before or after Booking Discounts are applied.