With this article, you can learn how to create new flex time availability events for your product from the Availability tab of the Product Builder.
Learn more about the Availability tab here: Step 3: Determining the availability of your product.
Flextime events are configured through availability events. Learn more about availability events here.
New to the Product Builder? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Product feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Products > Products > Add Product/Add New Product/Edit Product > Availability > Create New
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View products and assets and Manage products and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Creating a new flex time availability event
Is your product configured with flextime, e.g. kayak rentals? Then, follow these steps to create a new availability event.
Your product cannot be activated until you create at least one availability event.
1. Start by navigating to the Availability tab of the Product Builder (Inventory > Products).
2. Find the Availability Events section under the Availability tab.
3. Select Availability from the Create New drop-down menu. This opens the Create an Availability Event modal.
4. Specify the Event Name. For example, Fall Schedule or Winter Special. Rate names have a 13-character limit.
5. Select the Date Range. Start by typing into the field to open the calendar selection tool. From the calendar, select the Start Date and then the End Date of your event, e.g. 12/01/2023 to 12/31/2023.
You can make the product available indefinitely by clicking X Remove End Date. The product is then always available.
6. Do you need to enforce a fixed start time for all bookings? Then, enable the Enforce a fixed start time for all bookings setting.
This setting establishes the start time for all bookings, for example, 09:00 AM, according to the configured time.
Bookings must start simultaneously but can be of different durations depending on the increments you have configured and the Guest's selection, for example, 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM for a short kayak rental or 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM for a longer experience.
7. Decide When this product can be booked? using the business or custom hours settings.
- Business hours are configured within Calendar settings.
Learn more about calendar settings here:
- Custom hours can be configured outside of business hours via the settings provided.
8. Apply any booking rules to your event, e.g. minimum or maximum booking durations. Learn more about booking rules here.
9. Select who can participate during the event by controlling Guest Visibility.
You can configure each guest type to be visible to Customers, Staff, or both, e.g. to limit the availability of the event to Seniors only or to allow the guest type to be booked by Staff only. Learn more about Guest Visibility here.
10. Specify the Number of Guests Per Booking. This is the minimum or the maximum number of guests per booking by guest total guest type. This setting is optional.
You can also choose whether to apply these to Customer bookings, Staff-side bookings, or both.
The options displayed depend on which guest types are marked as visible to Guests. Learn more about mins and maxs here.
11. Save your changes. The event is now active and appears within your Availability Events list.
12. You can then Preview your product to ensure that the event is working as expected.
With the next article in this series, we start by looking at creating closure events for your product.