Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > User Accounts > Customer Accounts
- Your Checkfront account must be enabled for Customer Logins.
- A Customer account must have been created by the Customer or Staff member.
- The Customer Accounts feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Customer Account profiles can be managed and maintained in two ways, by the Customer themselves or by a Staff member in your organization.
In this article, we look at how Customer Accounts are managed with a focus on profile management from a Customer perspective.
New to Customer Accounts and how they function? Be sure to read the first article in this series for an introduction!
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the full capabilities of the Customer Accounts feature.
Managing accounts from the Customer perspectiveBack to top
A Customer can manage their own profile by visiting your booking page and clicking on the Log in link in the top right corner.
After successfully entering their account credentials, the Customer is logged into the account and the Log in link is replaced by their name.
Clicking on the name link brings the Customer to their My Account area.
The Customer Account profile is divided into 3 sections - Bookings, Account, and Saved Information. With the next several articles in this series, we cover the functionality within each tab in further detail starting with the Bookings tab below.
- Managing bookings from a Customer account
- Cancelling bookings via a Customer account
- Modifying bookings via a Customer account
- Managing Customer details via a Customer account
- Managing saved payment information via a Customer account
Managing bookings from a Customer account
The Bookings tab provides a list view of all the bookings associated with the Customer. Clicking on a blue link in the Booking Code column opens up that invoice for a more detailed view.
If you have opted to allow booking modifications and/or cancellations, and providing the current date is not outside the limits you configured, then additional links are visible to provide access to these features.
In the next article, we take a look at the process of cancelling bookings from the Customer account in more detail.