Plan Availability: X Soho | X Pro | X Plus | X Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > ECommerce > Taxes > Booking Fee
- Stripe as your Payment Provider.
- Our Flex Plan and Booking Fees are available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using our Flex Plan and Booking Fees with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
The new product feature mentioned in this article is currently part of our Early Access Program, which means it is available to select Customers to try out and provide us with feedback.
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
In this article, we will review the Flex plan Booking Fee setting and where the Flex plan Booking Fee applies in the Customer workflow as well as how to report on and refund transactions with Flex plan Booking Fees.
This feature is available to those on the Flex plan only.
Interested in our Flex plan?
Learn more about the Checkfront Flex Plan!
Introduction to Booking FeesBack to top
Booking Fees are Checkfront service fees charged to Guests for each payment transaction through accounts on the Flex plan.
- The Flex plan...
- is only available to accounts with Stripe as their Payment Provider
- The Flex plan Booking Fee...
- is applied to Payment transactions, not Refunds at this time.
- is applied to payments initiated by Guests, not Staff-side payments.
- is calculated based on the Booking Subtotal (before taxes).
- is applied in your account's Base Currency
- is applied to Items/products and Gift Certificates.
- is not supported for Site Builder at this time.
- is not applicable to bookings sourced from Online Travel Agents (OTAs)
- is deducted automatically by Stripe from the payment collected and remitted to Checkfront.
|The Flex plan is not available to accounts within Malaysia and Mexico due to a restriction with Stripe and those locales.|
Booking Fee SettingBack to top
If your account is on the Flex plan, you can view and set up the Booking Fee by following these steps...
- Go to Manage > E-Commerce > Taxes
- Note, the Booking Fee is listed.
- Click on the name of the Booking Fee to access Tax Setup.
- Note, the name is editable, but the amount and type of fee (percentage vs amount) is not.
- Click update to save any changes.
Booking Fee and the Customer Booking WorkflowBack to top
The Booking Fee is applicable to payments processed through the Customer booking workflow, for example, the Customer Booking Page (/reserve). The Booking Fee (percentage and amount) displays before the booking Total within Create Booking, Payment, the Booking Summary, and Invoice pages.
The Booking Fee is calculated on the Sub-Total, the amount before taxes.
Booking Fee Not Applicable to Staff-side BookingsBack to top
The Booking Fee is not applicable to Staff-side transactions (Booking > New Booking).
Booking Fee and ReportsBack to top
- Sales Report
The Booking Fee is included in the Sales Report (Reports > Sales).
Booking Fee and Editing the BookingBack to top
Editing the booking (adding or changing the items/products) does not recalculate or change the paid status of the Booking Fee. The Booking Fee cannot be removed from the booking by editing the transaction or excluded from the payment when adding a new item/product to the invoice.
Removing an Item/product from the booking will leave a credit on the booking.