Learn how to set inventory items unavailable for certain dates only using item events.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter, Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Items > Edit Item or Add New Item > Pricing > Create New Item Event
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View Items and Manage Items.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Overview (Video)Back to top
Instructions for setting up closure dates start at one minute and 36 seconds into the video (01:36).
Setting up unavailability of items using closure datesBack to top
How do I close off or block off items for certain dates?
To make your item unavailable for a specific date or date range, create a closure type Item Event under the Pricing tab of the Item Builder/Editor.
Select Inventory from the top-left-hand menu within your account.
- Either + New Item or edit an existing item, navigating to the Pricing tab within the Item Builder/Editor. Make sure your item has been saved!
- For the setting Default Calendar Status, double-check that your item is Available.
- Under Item Events, choose to Create New Item Event, selecting Closure Dates from the dropdown menu.
- Next, fill out the New Closure Dates Item Event form, specifying Applicable Days, Start and End Dates, and Categories and/or Items and then Save your item event.
- Finally, Preview your item calendar and note the item is NOT available during the period you specified with the Closure Event!
Once saved, you can also find your Item Event listed under Inventory > Item Events. Alternatively, you create Item Events from here and apply them later to items within the Pricing tab.
Item Events can also be viewed and created from Inventory > Item Events.
You can also block out dates from Item Events. Check out this video to learn more!
Learn more about Item Events here:
Here is a related FAQ that you might find helpful...