New to Product Closures? You can read the first article in this series for an introduction to Product Closures.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Product Closures > Create Closure
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View products and assets with Manage products and assets, and View events and rules with Manage events and rules.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Product closure events can also be created and edited from within the Product Builder. Learn more here:
Using our classic version of Checkfront, which utilizes items (Inventory > Items)? You can find information on item event closures in the following articles:
Creating product closuresBack to top
The Create Product Closure modal is accessible from the Product Closures List by clicking the Create Closure button.
You can create product closures from the Product Closures list or the Availability tab within the Product Builder as described here:
Let's review each component of this modal together...
Naming your product closureBack to top
Name your product closure, for example, Winter Closure, Weekday Closure, and Monday Staff Training. This name can be changed once saved.
Selecting the date range for the product closureBack to top
Select the date range for the product closure. For example...
- Winter Closure: 12/24/21 --> 01/03/22
- Weekday Closure: 11/01/21 --> 02/28/22*
- Monday Staff Training: 02/01/22 --> 02/01/22*
*Your date range selections are combined with your schedule selections to get the product closure that suits your needs.
Specifying the days of the week products are closedBack to top
Specify the days of the week the closure applies. You can close availability for your product Everyday, Weekdays, Weekends, or according to your Custom selections, e.g. Mondays only during the select period.
Selecting applicable productsBack to top
Select the products to which the product closure applies. Your options include...
- Manually select (a) product(s) by checking the box next to the product category or individual product.
- Click the Select All button to apply the product closure to all your products.
- Click the Select None button to save the closure but not have it apply to any products.
Booking Pages and Product ClosuresBack to top
With the product closure enabled, the product is not listed within the Booking Page (Detail or Hero Page layout).
The associated product is also unavailable within the Availability calendar.
Next, we look at editing product closures with the following article in this series.