Please read the full series of articles at the side and bottom of this page to learn more about the functionality of the Booking Index.
- Filtering the Booking Index
- Working with booking information from the Booking Index
- Editing columns within the Booking Index
- Importing and exporting the Booking Index
- Viewing the Booking Index booklet of invoices
- Accessing select invoices from the Booking Index
- Reviewing and importing external bookings from the Booking Index
- Bulk updating invoices from the Booking Index
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter*, Growth (Subscription), Growth (Per Booking), Managed
*Report exports are not available with the Starter plan.
→ Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Reports > Booking Index
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- The Booking Index is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Booking Index OverviewBack to top
We review managing external bookings for those integrated with third-party channels (myallocator, Expedia, GetYourGuide...).
Review some related articles here:
Learn more about your reporting options here:
Adding new bookingsBack to top
To start a new booking, click the New Booking button at the top-right of the page. This takes you to the Admin/Staff view of the booking pages.
Learn more about creating a Staff-side booking here:
Next, let's check out the Booking Index filters.