Learn more about the Booking Invoice and related features, including how to access and view booking invoices.
Please read the entire series of articles, linked at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the functionality of the Booking Invoice.
- Working with booking statuses from booking invoices
- Adding notes to booking invoices
- Changing bookings from booking invoices
- Adding items/products to booking invoices
- Updating POS transactions from booking invoices
- Adding payments to booking invoices
- Refunding payments from booking invoices
- Cancelling or voiding bookings via booking invoices
- Viewing transaction details from booking invoices
- Viewing booking logs from booking invoices
- Managing Guests from booking invoices
- Managing documents from booking invoices
- Checking-in or checking-out bookings from the booking invoice
- Printing booking invoices to PDF
- Emailing booking invoices to Customers
- Viewing Customer details from booking invoices
- Bookmarking booking invoices
- Attributing Partners to bookings from bookings invoices
- Copying bookings from the booking invoice
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter, Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Reports > Booking Index > Booking Details
Admin or restricted permissions to Bookings.
- The Booking Invoice feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Accessing the booking invoiceBack to top
Usually, once a booking is created in your system, you want easy access to it, right? After all, the booking contains all the information about your Customer, what they've booked, how many, and when... the list goes on.
That's why we have made it easy for you to access your Booking Invoice quickly. The information on a booking can be viewed by clicking on an active invoice ID link anywhere in the system.
A good example is the screen found in the Booking Index report (Reports > Booking Index), as shown in the image above.
Simply select an invoice by clicking on the booking ID. Once an invoice has been selected, it appears on the page, ready for viewing and editing.
Learn more about the Booking Index here:
Looking to update more than one booking at a time? Learn more here:
Viewing the booking invoiceBack to top
You can view and manage the booking from the Booking Invoice, including options to edit the booking, change the booking status, add a note, print (Customer and Staff) invoices, apply for a payment, and more!
We examine these options in more detail in the next articles within this series.
Working with booking statuses from booking invoices>