Read this introduction to the Waivers & Documents feature.
Please read the full series of articles at the side and bottom of this page for detailed instructions on each step of configuring Waivers & Documents.
- Activating Waivers & Documents
- Creating Waivers & Documents templates (naming the template and using the Document Editor)
- Creating Waivers & Documents templates (field settings)
- Creating Waivers & Documents templates (configuration settings)
- Configuring Waivers & Documents settings
- Previewing Waivers & Documents
- Copying Waivers & Documents templates
- Disabling Waivers & Documents templates
- Managing Waivers & Documents templates
- Filling out, sharing, and emailing Waivers & Documents
- Signing Waivers & Documents
- Using the Public Document & Kiosk Directories with Waivers & Documents
- Filtering your signed and submitted Waivers & Documents
- Working with sent and submitted Waivers & Documents
- Attributing Waivers & Documents to bookings
- Sharing Waivers & Documents with Customers
- Customizing column display within your Waivers & Documents list
- Exporting your Waivers & Documents list
- Viewing the Activity Log for Waivers & Documents
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho*, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter**, Growth (Subscription), Growth (Per Booking), Managed
*A 14-day trial of the waivers add-on is available to those on the legacy Soho plan.
**Starter plans include one active waiver template.
→ Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Manage > Integrations > Guest Management > Waivers
- Bookings > Waivers & Documents (once activated)
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Waivers & Documents OverviewBack to top
Depending on the nature of your business, it may be necessary to require your Customers to sign a document, such as a liability waiver or medical release form, before participating in an activity. Checkfront allows you to create these documents within your account on supported plans.
You can create multiple documents and assign them to your items/products. You might require, for example, a damage waiver for a stay in your lodgings but a separate release of liability for your horseback adventure tour.
With this series of articles, we walk you through everything from creating your first template to viewing document-related events in the Document Activity log.
Learn about the difference between a liability form and a digital waiver in our related blog post:
Downgrading your Checkfront planBack to top
Downgrading your plan
If you downgrade to the Starter plan, any previously created documents remain intact.
You are asked which template you want to remain active if you have multiple templates.
Should you upgrade to a plan that includes waivers at a later date, any additional templates once again become available to you.
With the next article in this series, we start by activating the Waivers & Documents integration.