Read this introduction to the Gift Certificates integration, with information on how to activate the feature in your Checkfront account.
To learn more about the functionality of Gift Certificates, please read the entire series of articles accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
Setting up Gift Certificates
- Creating gift certificates for purchase
- Configuring description settings for gift certificates (category, name, summary)
- Configuring description settings for gift certificates (custom amount to expiry date)
- Configuring description settings for gift certificates (additional options)
- Working with thumbnail images for gift certificates
- Managing themes for gift certificates
- More options for translating, copying, and archiving your gift certificates
- Previewing, editing, and copying your gift certificates once created
- Viewing and editing gift certificates once created
- Configuring general gift certificate settings
- Setting up email notifications for use with gift certificates
Offering and purchasing gift certificates
Issuing complimentary gift certificates
Paying or cancelling bookings with gift certificates
Check out some of our step-by-step answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Popular > Gift Certificates
What prerequisites are there?
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates, Manage Gift Certificate Templates, and Issue Gift Certificates, as needed.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Gift Certificates feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please get in touch with our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
With the Gift Certificates integration, you can offer your Customers redeemable gift certificates that can be applied towards the value of a future booking with your business. These gift certificates are fully customizable, allowing you to set the value - a fixed or custom amount - and determine the validity period. You can even offer a gift certificate at a discount, to be applied to future bookings at full value.
What's more, a gift certificate can be used until the balance is used up. So, if a Customer has a $100 gift certificate, but their booking is only $50, they still have $50 left to spend later.
There are two ways a gift certificate can be generated in Checkfront. You can either issue a complimentary gift certificate through the Staff-side of Checkfront and email it directly to the Customer, or you can create a gift certificate which the Customer can then purchase through your Customer Booking Page. Both methods result in a gift certificate that the recipient can apply to a later purchase.
First things first, we need to activate Gift Certificates within your account! See the instructions below.
Setup in CheckfrontBack to top
To use the Gift Certificates feature, you first need to activate the integration within your account. To do this, navigate to the Integrations (Manage > Integrations > Popular) option in your main navigation bar.
Locate and click on the Gift Certificates tile to open Add-on Setup.
From the Add-on Setup modal, click on the Activate button to complete activation.
To learn more about sending complimentary Staff-issued gift certificates by email, please jump to the article - Issuing gift certificates Staff-side by email.
Continue to the next article in this series to learn more about Creating gift certificates for purchase.
Creating gift certificates for purchase >